Friday, April 29, 2011

Shad



Note: Pictures are in reverse order. In the first one he was 6 weeks old and in the second one he was 10 days old.
I just wanted to take a minute and post a little bit about our newest addition. Shad Benson Starkes was born on the 18th of February just 10 days before his due date. My pregnancy with him was by far the best pregnancy I have had. It really flew by, which could have been because I was so busy with our other kids that I didnt have time to notice I was pregnant! Although I could hardly miss the fact that I gained 50 lbs. Or that I now have stretchmarks on top of my stretchmarks! Oh well, he was WELL worth it.
Shad was 7.6 lbs and 21 in long. My labor with him was much like my pregnancy: fast and easy. I got to the hospital at 5:30 pm and he was born around 8:30 pm. I had the most wonderful epidural in the world. Brian compared it to going to a drive though rather than sitting down and eating at a nice restaurant.
Shad is now a whopping 2 months old and is so very sweet. He doesn't look like any of the other kids, which makes him fit into our family all the better.

2 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

He's such a cutie!!

d.jo said...

What an adorable child! I'm really happy for you guys!