Tuesday, February 23, 2010

From the mouth of Eric


I love the stage Eric is in right now. It seems as if he is making the big transition from toddler to kid. To him, it seems as if the world is spinning for him and him alone, and he has the task of figuring it all out.
The other day as I was feeding him breakfast, he turned to me and said:

"Mom, I want to be dirt."
"Dirt?" I question.
"Yes, dirt. So that a bobcat can pick me up."

I thought I was going to die laughing! I questioned him a few times, just to make sure I understood him.

Later on that day I heard him say to himself, "I want to be a bat..... no I want to be dirt".

Today the pore little guy is a tad bit under the weather. Its probably just a cold, but it has given him all sorts of aches and pains. As I was making lunch he told me that his toes hurt. Poor guy. Shortly after that I told him to come and eat his lunch. He came into the kitchen with the saddest look on his face and said, "my piggies are broken!". (piggies = toes)

He is so cute, even when he's sick.

2 comments:

Jami said...

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the kid!!

d.jo said...

Oh my gosh, he's so cute! Tyson is in the same stage right now. Tyson has been saying things that crack me up lately, too. We've been playing imaginary EVERYTHING, and it's all so real to him. Bobcats haven't hit our latest, though. I read your post on potty-trainig. Tyson is so good at going pee in the toilet, but poop is not working out for us right now,either, and I don't have a clue about how to change it. : )