Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Pity Party

So, I'm having a little pity party for myself. The reason for such an occasion you might ask?

I'm starving!
Now let me explain. Jacob has been REALLY congested for the past three months. So after his good doctor ruled out a few other things, she decided to see if he has a food allergy. So that means I cant eat any dairy, eggs, nuts, or soy. It is so hard because I LOVE food! And almost everything has at least one of these ingredients.
I had been keeping a fairly good attitude about it up until a few hours ago when I found myself at a bridal shower, surrounded by a LOT of really yummy looking food. I wasn't able to stay at the shower for long because I needed to get home to my cranky kids.
But I have a secret to share..... After I got them all taken care of, I snuck off to circle K and read the labels to all the junk food in the store and found something I could eat! It was like a little beckon of light in a otherwise very dark night!
Oh, I cant wait to find out what is going on with my chubby little baby so that I can get back to enjoying food the way it was meant to be enjoyed!

3 comments:

NICOLE said...

Or stop nursing!? haha You are strong willed I would have given up by now! Hang in there!!

Deni said...

It is ok to have a pity party. Hopefully Jacob isn't really allergic to anything and that you can go back to eating whatever you want :).

Take care

Shawna said...

You crack me up to end up at circle k scoping out what you can have. I went through that with Kaylee when she was a baby it it wasn't fun AT ALL! Good luck, hopefully he will out grow it soon.