Thursday, March 5, 2009

ONE YEAR... WOW!!!

Last weekend was our anniversary.... I cant believe that a whole year has already passed! I guess that's a good sign right? I'll take it as one.... Because all in all it really was a good year. It was a little tough for all of us at times to get adjusted to our new life. But I'm happy that we were all willing to do our best and make it work out. For our anniversary we went on a weekend trip to Las Vegas. Brian had never been there so we had fun checking everything out. Although we had a good time, it was kind of sad also.... just seeing how so many people there are lost, and stuck in a pattern of making really bad choices, made me grateful for the life I have. With that in mind, I'm going to list some of my favorite things about the past year.


1. Student teaching at the same time as Brian. That was great because we taught the same grade and it gave us a lot to talk about!
2. Graduating from college.... I had fun walking, knowing that I wouldn't have to drive to Snowflake to student teach any more. It also was big for me because I knew I completed something I had worked really hard for.
3. Our trip to New York. It was such a spontaneous trip. We planned the trip two days before we left.
4. Riding my bike around Heber (with and without the kids). I think Heber is so beautiful, I loved riding around, checking everything out. I'm looking forward to being able to ride again after I have my baby.
5. Planting a garden. Last year was my first real garden. It didn't turn out as well as I thought it would, but I'm looking forward to improving it this year!
6. Watching Callie and Tyler make new friends here in Heber. I know they were kind of worried about leaving their friends back in Snowflake.... So it has been so great to have them make new friends here.
7. Making new friends myself.... I've loved all the new people I've met here and new friendships I've gained.
8. Watching Brian start out his first year of teaching and seeing how much he loves it!
9. Finding out that I'm pregnant.
10. Finally getting over the morning sickness!!!
11. (This really is number one) Tyler's baptism. It was so special to watch him take the first step in his life long journey of getting back to our Heavenly Father. It makes me feel so peaceful every time I think about it.


I really have had a good year. There where so many other good things about it that I didn't list.... I'm so grateful for Brian, and the good person he is. I'm grateful for Callie, Tyler and Eric; and that I get to be their mom. I love them all so much. I'm grateful for all the people that support and love us. Life is Good!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a fun blog!! I must bookmark it...

Aunt Tiff said...

So glad you married Brian(eventhough I feel a little sorry for you:), moved to Heber, and that we became friends!! You guys are awesome!